NNPC Past Questions And Answers

1.000,00

Description

NNPC Past Questions And Answers

2) Last year Jose sold a painting for $2000. If he made a 25% profit on the sale, how much had
he paid for the painting?
A. $1200
C. $1500
C. $1600
D. $2400
E. $2500
Jose made 25% profit, so if he bought the painting for x, he sold it for: x + 0.25x = 1.25x = 2000 ⇒x
= 2000 ÷ 1.25 = 1600.
The answer is (C).
3) In the figure below what is the value of b?
A. 30
B. 36
C. 45
D. 60
E. 72
What Your Poultry Business Plan Should Look Like
Page 4

Since vertical angles have the same measure, c = d, d = a, and b = a – b a = 2b.
Therefore, c = d = a = 2b. Also, the sum of the measures of all six angles is 3600,
so a + b + c + d + a – b + d = 2a + c + 2d = 360. Replacing c, d, and a by 2b yields
10b = 360 ⇒b =36.
The answer is (B).
4) A lacrosse team raised some money. The members used 74% of the money to buy
a uniform, 18% for equipment, and the remaining $216 for a team party. How much money did
they raise?
A. 2400
B. 2450
C. 2500
D. 2600
E. 2700
SINCE 74% + 18% = 92%, THE $216 spent on the party presents the other 8 % 0f the money
raised. Then: 0.08m = 216 ⇒ m = 216 ÷ 0.08 = 2700. The answer is (E).

continuation on the Free NNPC Past Questions And Answers Download

5) In the figure below, what is the sum of the degree measures of all of the marked angles?
A. 600
B. 620
C. 700
D. 720
E. 750
Each of the 10 marked angles is an exterior angle of the Pentagon. If you take one angle at each
vertex, the sum of the degree measures of those five angles is 360; the sum of the degree
measures of the other five also is 360: 360 + 360 = 720.
The answer is (720).
Page
Page 6

8) If the measures of the angles of a triangle are in the ratio of 1:2:3, and if the perimeter of the triangle is 30 + 10 (3)½, what is the length of the smallest side?
A. 20
B. 18
C. 15
D. 12
E. 10

0Shares